Friday, August 24, 2007

Goin to the Chapel

Tonight I'm picking up a rental at Union Station, only the worst neighborhood in the city to navigate, and taking one of the most horrific traffic routes (New York Avenue you make me want to die) out of DC up to Main Line Philly. I should get there sometime after ten, far too late to engage in any rehearsal dinner activities, and immediately crash into bed. Tomorrow my friend's Western wedding service is at noon, and then there will be a yummy lunch, followed by an Indian ceremony at 2. The bride got me to agree to make this journey (which will cost far more than I can afford, having been recently unemployed for so long) by giving me a menu preview. I am really looking forward to the risotto at the reception and of course the cake. It's my understanding that it will be some days before the poundage I gain takes full effect; this is useful because once the wedding is over I will no longer care how I look, having presented my best face (as good as it gets) to the people I haven't seen since college. Hopefully no one gets the idea to take a photo for the alumni notes (not that I graduated).


But I love my friend, and it's her big day, so I'm goin' to the chapel of love.

No comments: