Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pharmaceuticals

Since I'd heretofore only ever had prescriptions to nasal spray and birth control, I wasn't sure what to expect from my new mood stabilizer. So far, though, nothing: my mood swings eternal. But at least I don't yet have the killer (seriously: it's apparently deadly) rash all the information warns me about!
On the upside, my recent mood swinging has granted me more compassion with regard to the antics of my middle and high school frenemy. Given the contrast between her more recent comportment and the way in which she behaved back then, I have been led to believe that she might be on lithium, which would mean that she was bipolar when she was doing all of those mean things. If that's the case, I'm no longer mad. It must have been so frightening to feel that way and not know what was going on.

No comments: