Saturday, November 3, 2007

Everything old is new again

This morning's VH1 Top Twenty Countdown has (to my distracted knowledge, since I've also been hitting refresh on the Arsenal-Man Utd match) featured three generations' poster boys: the Eagles, Bon Jovi and the Backstreet Boys. Since not one of their latest singles remotely measures up to what might be considered their best, I have to wonder why they insist on carrying on. They've all made more than enough money, and while some band members may have drug or gambling debts to pay off, even they can't be too hard up, so long as they were intelligent about residual rights to their music. I guess it just makes me sad that they can't find anything else to do with their time than to continuously try to relive past glories. I want everyone to live up to whatever potential they possess at that point in time, and these guys just aren't hiting the highest notes (pun sort of intended, I guess) available to them at this moment.

Also: BRITNEY: GO AWAY

No comments: